Binh Duong Provincial People's Committee has just issued the plan to prevent and control the COVID-19 pandemic at production, business establishments and industrial zones in Binh Duong province.
* The specific scenarios are as follows:
1. Scenario with no cases in production, business establishments, and industrial zones
a) Executive work
- The Department of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs, the Management Board of the provincial industrial zones established Steering Committee for COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control at companies/enterprises or industrial zones (referred to as the Steering Committee). Assign specific tasks to each member of the Steering Committee.
- Establish communication channel via hotline with the Provincial Center for Disease Control (Dr. Nguyen Thanh Danh: 0918.645.450) or via hotline of the Department of Health (Dr. Nguyen Hong Chuong: 0918.597.354) or Ministry of Health (1900 9095) or local regulatory health authorities.
- Publicize contact information (name, phone number) of officials and focal units in charge of COVID-19 prevention and control at companies/enterprises or industrial zones.
- The Steering Committee directs enterprises to organize the assessment of the risk of COVID-19 infection for production facilities following the guidance in Decision 2194/QD-BCDQG dated May 27, 2020.
b) Disease control work
* Information and Communication
Organize to inform and communicate on COVID-19 prevention and control for businesses and employees. Hang and paste posters and notices of instructions on COVID-19 prevention and control in public areas (shared areas at work, canteens, restrooms, ATM poles, etc.), on means of transport for employees/customers to read and follow. Request enterprises to issue regulations on pandemic prevention and control of their units and have sanctions to handle violations if employees do not comply. Inform the employees timely, completely and accurately to avoid unnecessary worry.
* Organize training
Organize training, guide employees to implement personal hygiene measures and keep the working environment clean, limit contact with non-essential surfaces, strictly implement the regulations of the Ministry of Health and relevant agencies in the prevention and control of COVID-19 pandemic. Organize for employees to make electronic medical declarations (via apps: NCOVI, tokhaiyte.vn, Bluezone or updated solutions) according to the regulations of the Ministry of Health.
* Establish disease control checkpoints
- When the pandemic situation gets complicated in surrounding areas near the industrial parks, the Steering Committee proactively proposes and decides to set up disease control checkpoints at the gates and entrances to the industrial parks.
- When the pandemic situation stabilizes: All businesses deploy disease control checkpoints at the enterprise gate.
- Do not allow unauthorized persons to enter the working area/dormitory/ worker's living quarter. In case it is necessary to enter the working area/dormitory/worker's living quarter, the security guard must record personal information, mandatory medical declaration of the guest entering, the person receiving the guest, the location to welcome the guest, guests' phone numbers, reception time in the duty book, do not allow guests to enter unrelated areas.
- Mount the sign "Measure temperature, wear face mask, wash hands before entering" placed right at the entrance.
- Arrange enough manpower to measure and check body temperature for employees at the beginning of the working hour and ensure the minimum distance at the workplace.
- All businesses are required to arrange the separate area to receive guests. Guests entering the working area/dormitory/worker's living quarter must have their temperature taken, wear the face mask and wash their hands.
* Work organization
- Request all enterprises to review, arrange and organize labor and production at enterprises to ensure the distance as prescribed.
- Stop unnecessary meetings, conferences, events, and activities with large gatherings of people, if organizing, the online form is preferred.
- There is mechanism to allow employees to work from home or arrange flexible shifts (if possible). Encourage employees to exchange, work or assign shifts online by phone, webinar software, other social media, and e-mail.
- Arrange adequate hand washing areas with enough clean water, soap or hand sanitizer at positions before entering work; before and after eating, at toilet areas; at locations with shared contact such as ATM poles, public drinking water bottles, vending machines, etc.
* Ensure working environment
- Ensure environmental sanitation and disinfection at the labor facility/vehicles/dormitory/ worker's living quarter for employees. Ensure adequate supply of clean water for eating and drinking, living 24/24 hours and enough toilets according to regulations.
- Enhance ventilation in the workplace by increasing ventilation, or opening windows and doors, using fans. Regularly clean ventilation systems, fans, air conditioners.
- Arrange enough waste containers with lids put at convenient locations. Ensure there are enough equipment and chemicals for cleaning and disinfecting at the workplace, dormitory/ worker's living quarter.
- Business establishments provide and instruct workers to use face masks and gloves properly; Provide hand sanitizer at contact and transaction areas.
* Ensure food safety and hygiene at the workplace/dormitory/social housing area for employees
- Food service providers must be checked and monitored for health, ensuring hygienic conditions such as temperature measurement, daily medical declaration, wearing face masks and gloves when serving.
- Arrange breaks/shifts flexibly, provide individual meals to limit, avoid crowded in the canteen/dining room within time frame, avoid sitting face-to-face, chatting while eating. After eating, leave the canteen immediately, avoid unnecessary contact.
- Ensure the distance when eating, arrange staggered seating, distance depending on the pandemic situation. It is recommended to install partitions between seating positions.
- Arrange the washing area before and after eating. Sanitize and disinfect immediately after each employee eats and drinks.
- Implement measures to limit the use of cash for payment when using services, buying and selling goods at the canteen area.
*Transportation of employees (if any) must ensure the following regulations:
- The number of employees on the company bus must comply with the guidance on distance regulations on means of transport of the Ministry of Transport.
- Arrange surveillance cameras on vehicles (if possible). Encourage natural ventilation on vehicles. Make sure hand sanitizer is available
- Implement temperature checks for employees and ask employees to wash their hands before getting on the bus and wear face masks throughout the journey.
- Make the list or manage the list of employees who go by company bus by card. It is strongly recommended that fixed employees travel on the same shuttle bus.
- Clean and disinfect vehicles before/after each transfer.
- Inform and request units providing materials for production, business and service (food, catering, environmental sanitation, disinfection, etc.) to commit to ensuring the implementation of regulations on COVID-19 prevention and control and closely monitor the implementation.
c) Scenario that production, business establishments, industrial zones appear cases of cough and fever, or cases of F1, F2
When there is a case that an employee/client has one of the symptoms of fatigue, fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath at work or F1, F2, it is necessary to do immediately:
(1) Immediately notify the manager of the labor facility/dormitory/worker's living quarter and the medical staff at the labor establishment.
(2) Managers/medical staff provide medical face masks and instructions on how to wear them properly.
(3) Limit contact with people around, avoid close contact with others less than 1 meter.
(4) Take them to temporary isolation area that has been arranged at the labor facility/dormitory/worker's living quarter. Requirements for temporary isolation room at the labor establishment/dormitory/worker's living quarter:
- Arrange in separate area, near the entrance, separate from the working area, dormitory/worker's living quarter (if possible).
- The temporary isolation room must ensure fresh air, good ventilation; limit furniture in the room; there are hand wash area; trash cans with tight lids; separate toilet area.
(5) Call the standing unit of the Steering Committee and the Provincial Center for Disease Control/Department of Health or the local health agency for advice and guidance.
(6) Limit the use of public transport to travel to medical facilities.
(7) Regularly update information on the health status of employees.
(8) Make the list of contacts and disinfect at the labor facility/dormitory/worker's living quarter when required by the health authority.
For labor establishments that have Medical Room/Station, it is necessary to review, arrange and notify the separate passageway for employees with one of the symptoms of fatigue, cough, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing to come for examination and consultation.
2. Scenario with positive case at 01 production and business facility or enterprise
2.1 General anti-pandemic measures need to be done immediately
- Temporarily blockade the entire company/enterprise or the entire factory/production line/production team/production area/working location of the enterprise with the case (F0). Depending on the actual pandemic situation and risk assessment at the enterprise to decide the scope of temporary blockade.
- Immediately separate F0, contact the Provincial Center for Disease Control/Department of Health to implement isolation and treatment measures as prescribed.
- Immediately check to detect workers and employees with symptoms of suspected disease at the enterprise and in the community such as fever, cough, sore throat, flu, respiratory inflammation, olfactory loss. Immediately isolate suspected cases in the enterprise in a separate area. For workers and employees in the community, they are requested to stay at their place of residence and immediately notify the local health department for handling. It is mandatory for people who are showing symptoms to wear face mask, keep distance and do not allow contact with each other and do not allow contact with others. Organize early isolation of suspected cases at medical facilities. Arrange temporary isolation of each suspected case into separate rooms in buffer area separate from the area where F0 is being treated.
- Fast track F1 - thoroughly at the enterprise as well as in the community; immediately separate F1 into separate area to organize concentrated isolation; all workers, employees working in the same factory/production line/production team/production area/working position with F0 are considered as F1; Collect the F1 specimen for the first time as single test. Conduct single sample testing for F1 specimens.
- Review F2, organize home isolation. Consider sampling for F2 if the prognosis suggests that the F1 may have become F0 and spread to F2.
- Coordinate with the Department of Health and the Provincial Center for Disease Control to take samples for rapid testing for workers of the enterprise.
- Make the list, address, and phone number of all workers and employees of the enterprise (request the enterprise to provide). Identify workers who are absent at the time of the temporary lockdown.
* Notify workers who are absent from the enterprise in 3 ways:
(1) Request enterprise to coordinate with the contact tracing team to text and call each person who is absent from the company: request self-monitoring of health at home, limit contact with others, make medical declarations with their local health department right away.
(2) Coordinate with the Department of Health to notify and request localities in the province to check all workers of enterprises with cases living in the area. Request workers temporarily to self-monitor their health at home, take samples for testing and organize isolation according to regulations.
(3) Coordinate with the Department of Health to send the list of workers who are absent from the enterprise with cases to all relevant provinces/cities: request tracing, temporary home isolation and sample collection, prescribed isolation.
During the temporary blockade and waiting for test results, ask workers who are present at the enterprise to stay on site and strictly implement infection prevention measures: stay in their own factory; implement 5K (in Vietnamese) Khau trang (facemask)- (Khu khuan) disinfection- (Khoang cach) distance- (Khong tu tap) no gathering – (Khai bao y te) health declaration and strictly follow anti-pandemic regulations at businesses.
2.2. Follow-up measures to deal with the pandemic when the worker's test results are available in the following situations:
a. Scenario 1: Detecting more positive cases in the company/enterprise. Positive cases appear in most factories/production lines/production team /production areas/work locations
- Treat all workers in the enterprise as F1 because they may have been highly exposed.
- Coordinate with the Department of Health, the Provincial Police, the Provincial Military Command and the authorities where the industrial park is located, relevant units to temporarily blockade businesses, organize concentrated isolation of all workers in the enterprise.
- Immediately notify the Department of Health, the Provincial Center for Disease Control to take samples for testing.
- Report to district, town, city and provincial steering committees, and at the same time review and activate concentrated isolation areas in industrial parks to bring workers to concentrated isolation.
- Investigate and trace the people in contact with the subjects, notify the neighboring localities, agencies and businesses about the investigated cases.
b. Scenario 2. Detecting more positive cases in the company/enterprise but the positive cases are only in the same factory/production line/production team/production area/working location
(1) Assess the risk of COVID-19 infection at factories/production lines/production teams/production areas/working locations in other areas of the company that show the broad epidemiological relationship and risk high infection rate throughout the enterprise (Handling anti-pandemic like scenario 1)
(2) Assess the risk of COVID-19 infection at factories/production lines/production teams/production areas/working locations in other areas of the enterprise found little epidemiological relevance and low risk
- At the factory/production line/production area/work location with F0
+ Consider all people working in the same factory/production line/production area/work location with F0 as F1.
+ Immediately organize concentrated isolation of all workers in the same factory/production line/production area/working location where patient F0 is present.
+ Immediately notify the Department of Health, the Provincial Center for Disease Control to take samples for testing and screening.
- At factories/production lines/production areas/work locations without F0, conduct risk assessment and actual working conditions at the workplace:
+ If there is still some epidemiological relationship with the factory with F0: Coordinate with local authorities to arrange home isolation for all workers according to regulations; Take samples for testing with people isolated at home according to regulations.
+ If no epidemiological relationship is found with the factory with F0:
Continue to scrutinize F1 thoroughly by asking workers to remember and self-declare again to avoid missing F1. If there is F1, then separate and bring them to concentrated isolation immediately.
Require workers to make medical declarations to local authorities and health facilities where they reside to coordinate monitoring and management.
Disinfection of the entire enterprise.
Assess the risk of COVID-19 infection of enterprises according to Decision No. 2194/QD-BCD. If the enterprise does not meet the safety conditions, it will suspend its operation immediately.
- Only continue to allow workers to return to work if the enterprise meets all safety conditions as prescribed, and at the same time implements the following measures:
+ Ask workers to self-monitor their health at home before coming to work. Anyone with suspected symptoms: illness, fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory infection must stay at home, not go to work and immediately notify the local health and business to take samples for testing and instruct isolation.
+ Set up Covid safety teams to perform practical and effective daily tasks.
+ Daily closely monitor and supervise workers' health: at the beginning of working hours, during working. Anyone with suspected symptoms: illness, fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory infection should immediately notify the enterprise and local health department for isolation, sampling and timely handling.
+ Ask workers to go directly to the enterprise every day. Do not communicate, contact outside on the way to work. Follow the responsibilities of employees to prevent COVID-19 as prescribed in Decision 2194/QD-BCD.
+ Compulsory wear face masks, keep distance and strictly comply with regulations on prevention of COVID-19 at production facilities.
+ Require workers to self-isolate at home after working hours.
+ Coordinate with health authorities to carry out screening tests for workers according to regulations.
c. Scenario 3: Detecting more positive cases in the enterprise. Positive cases occur in a small number of factories/production lines/production areas/work locations
Implement epidemiological analysis, assess the risk of infection in the enterprise and depend on the risk, decide to apply treatment according to scenario 1 or 2.
d. Scenario 4: All samples tested in the enterprise are negative
- At the factory/production line/production area/working position, there is F0.
+ Immediately organize the isolation of all workers in the same factory/production line/production area/working location where patient F0 is located.
+ Coordinate with the Department of Health and the provincial Center for Disease Control to take samples for testing and screening.
- At the factory/production line/production area/work location, there is no F0 (Handle as item (2), Scenario 2).
2.3 Prevent infection while handling pandemics
- Pay special attention to preventing infection for workers during the temporary blockade because at that time there is often confusion, high risk of infection; while transporting workers to quarantine, in cars, and strict infection prevention in centralized isolation facilities.
- Classify risks of F1 and arrange concentrated isolation areas according to the risk of each factory/production line/production area/working location in the concentrated isolation facility.
- Because F1s in production facilities are often exposed to high levels of F0, it is important to strictly manage isolation practices during centralized isolation. Perform testing for F1 periodically every 3 days, make combined samples in the same isolation room or 2 adjacent rooms to detect F0 early in the isolation area for timely handling, to prevent cross-contamination in the centralized isolation area.
* Note: A complete list of workers is required and all workers are contacted and managed, especially with workers in other localities. Ensure relevant workers are tested and isolated according to regulations. Strictly manage workers in isolation at home to avoid cases of illness spreading at home without supervision, not being handled in time, causing serious consequences for the community.
* Isolation plan when there is a case of Covid-19 infection at production and business establishments, industrial parks
Plan 1: using dormitories, living quarters for workers available at companies/enterprises. The Management Board of Industrial Parks, the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs shall coordinate with the People's Committees of districts, towns, cities and related agencies and units to develop specific isolation plans in industrial parks and businesses. Mobilize supplies and equipment to meet the needs of concentrated isolation areas (beds, mats, blankets, mosquito nets) and manpower to cook at enterprises providing meals for workers under quarantine in industrial parks during the pandemic.
Plan 2: using existing concentrated isolation areas in the province with a capacity of about 2,500 - 5,000 beds. In the event of an outbreak of the disease and a large number of isolated cases, all educational institutions will be used as centralized isolation facilities.
Reported by Mai Xuan - Translated by Nguyen Trang