The company is planning to import machinery for production. However, machinery and equipment to be imported which are of used type with following conditions:
* Answer by Customs Department:
1. Conditions to import used machinery, equipment and technological lines:
Used machinery, equipment and technology lines (referred to as used equipment for short) when importing, it is necessary to meet criteria prescribed in Clause 1, Article 6 of Ministry of Science and Technology's Circular No. 23/2015 /TT-BKHCN stipulating the import of used machinery, equipment and technology lines, in particular:
2. In case of used equipment with an age exceeding 10 (ten) years: In the case of used equipment with an age exceeding 10 (ten) years but enterprise still needs to import in order to maintain its manufacturing or business operation, the enterprise shall send a written proposal to Ministry of Science and Technology for consideration and decision (based on Article 13 of Circular No. 23/2015/TT-BKHCN).
3. In case of used machinery without certificate of production year and production standard, the company is still able to import with the exception of customs document as prescribed in Article 16 of Circular No. 38/2015/TT-BTC dated on March 25th 2015 of Ministry of Finance, the enterprise has to submit 01 (one) original inspection Certificate of an Inspecting body as prescribed in Clause 2, Article 10 of Circular No.23/2015/TT-BKHCN on production year and production standard of used equipment in accordance with provisions in Clause 1 Article 6 of this Circular. The content of Inspection Certificate, apart from basic information of a deed, conclusion must show following contents:
4. Enterprises may use Inspection Certificate issued by domestic or foreign Inspecting Body on following conditions: