How is the annual flood fund spent and used? (the company pays fund from Economic Department of Thu Dau Mot city).
* Answer by People's Committee of Thu Dau Mot City:
People's Committee of Thu Dau Mot city sincerely thanks the company for fulfilling obligation to pay natural disaster prevention and control fund (proper name under Decree 94/2010/ND-CP dated October 17th 2014 of the Government).
Annually, the People's Committee of Binh Duong province assigns target of collecting natural disaster prevention and control funds to districts, towns and cities and submit back to provinces for management.
Natural disaster Prevention and Control Fund shall be paid according to the provisions of Articles 9 and 10 of Decree No. 94/2010/NĐ-CP dated October 17th 2014 of the Government; Decision No. 290/QĐ-UBND dated February 5th 2015 of Binh Duong provincial People's Committee promulgating the Regulation on organization and operation of Binh Duong provincial Disaster Prevention and Control Fund; Article 3, Decision No. 2768/QD-UBND dated October 29th 2015 of Binh Duong provincial People's Committee promulgating the Provisional Regulation on management and use of Disaster Prevention and Control Fund in Binh Duong Province.
Article 9. Contents of the Fund's Expenditures
1. Expenditures of natural disaster prevention and control activities in Clause 3, Article 10 of Natural Disaster Prevention and Control Law, includes:
a) Disaster relief and support: Emergency relief of food, drinking water, medicines and other urgent needs for victims of natural calamities; support and repair houses, medical establishments, schools, environmental sanitation in disaster areas, repair of evacuation shelters for natural disaster prevention or emergency remediation of natural disaster prevention works valued at less than VND 1 billion per project;
b) Support disaster response activities: Evacuate people from dangerous places; healthcare; food, water for people to evacuate; support for monitoring, informing, warning, alerting and warning of natural disasters in the community;
c) Support preventive activities: Popularize the dissemination of legal knowledge, planning, solutions and exercises for prevention and control of natural disasters at commune level.
2. Allowances for remunerated people and administrative costs incurred related to collection of funds at commune level, but not exceeding 5% of the actual annual revenue in the commune.
3. To be transferred to support other localities suffering losses due to natural disasters beyond the capacity of localities.
Article 10. Competence to spend funds
1. The Chairman of the provincial People's Committees shall decide on spending levels and spending contents for the subjects at proposals of the Steering Committees for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control; and Search and Rescue at provincial level.
2. Steering Committees for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control and Search and Rescue at provincial level shall have to sum up the damage and support demand of People's Committees at district level and agencies, related organizations and propose to the Chairman of Provincial People's Committee.
3. Based on actual fund, Chairman of Provincial People's Committee shall decide on export of support Funds to other localities.
4. Prime Minister shall decide on transfer funds of this locality to support other localities as follows:
a / In case of urgent transfer to support localities subject to serious natural disasters, Head of the Central Steering Committee for Disaster Prevention and Control and Search and Rescue at provincial level shall agree with the Chairman of related Provincial People's Committee to report and propose the Prime Minister for decision;
b / On the basis of annual report on the fund's revenue and expenditure results, Central Steering Committees for Disaster Prevention and Control and Search and Rescue shall preside and coordinate with Ministry of Agriculture and Rural and Ministry of Finance to work out the plan for handling fund's remaining residue in the locality, ensure the maintenance of Fund's residuals in the locality and relocate other local assistance in difficulty due to severe natural disasters; submit to the Prime Minister for decision.
(Attached to the file of Decree No. 94/2010/ NĐ-CP dated October 17th 2014 by the Government; Decision No. 290/QD-UBND dated February 5th 2015 by People's Committee of Binh Duong Province; Decision No.2768/QD-UBND October 29th 2015 by People's Committee of Binh Duong Province)