(Mr.) Mai Ba Truoc
(Mr.) Phu Huu Minh
Position: Deputy Director
Division of Foreign Trade Cooperation
Division of Professional
Division of Planning, Culture and Society
Division of Business Registration
Division of General Economic Planning
Division of Legal
The Department acts as a professional agency which counsels and supports the Provincial People's Committee in State management of planning and investment including the fields: general consultation on socio-economic development planning and plans; organizing implementation, making recommendations and proposals on socio-economic management mechanisms and policies in the province; making domestic and foreign investment in localities; management of official development assistance (ODA), bidding, business registration within the locality; consultation on public services under the Department's management in accordance with law; performing a number of tasks and powers as authorized by the Provincial People's Committee and as prescribed by law.
1. Submitting to the provincial People's Committee for promulgation of decisions and directives on the management of planning, plans and investment fields under its management in accordance with law, decentralization of the Ministry of Planning and Investment and taking responsibility for the contents of the submitted documents.
2. Submitting to the Provincial People's Committee for decision on the assignment and decentralization of management in the fields of planning and investment to the district-level People's Committees and Provincial departments, committees and branches in accordance with law; taking responsibility for guiding and inspecting the organization of implementation of such decentralization regulations.
3. Organizing, guiding, inspecting and taking responsibility for organizing the implementation of legal documents on planning and investment in the locality; including national socio-economic development strategies, planning and plans in the province and issues related to the formulation and implementation of planning, plans and use of resources for socio-economic development of the province.
4. In terms of planning and plans
4.1 Presiding for consolidating and submitting to the Provincial People's Committees the overall planning, long-term plans, 5-year and annual plans, and arranging the plans of investment capital belonging to the local budget; key socio-economic balances of the province; including accumulation and consumption balance, development investment capital balance and financial balance.
Announcing and taking responsibility for organizing the implementation of master plan on the provincial socio-economic development after obtaining approval according to regulations.
4.2 Submitting to the Provincial People's Committee the program and activities for implementation of the socio-economic development plan according to the Resolution of the Provincial People's Council and taking responsibility for monitoring and synthetizing the implementation of the monthly, quarterly and yearly plans to report to the Provincial People's Committee for adjustment and coordination of the implementation of major socio-economic balances of the province.
4.3 Taking responsibilities for management and administration of a number of fields related to the implementation of the plan assigned by the Provincial People's Committee;
4.4 Guiding the departments, committees and branches and the People's Committees at the districts and towns in developing the planning and plans in line with the approved general planning and plans of the provincial socio-economic development;
4.5 Appraising the planning and plans of the departments, committees and branches and the planning and plans of the People's Committees in the districts and towns, and the planning and plans of the People's Committees of districts and towns in line with the provincial socio-economic development master plan and submitting them to the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee for approval;
4.6 Coordinating with Department of Finance to prepare the provincial budget estimates and allocate budgets to units in the province and submit them to the Provincial People's Committee;
5. In terms of domestic and foreign investment
5.1 Submitting and taking responsibility for the contents of the documents submitted to the Provincial People's Committee on the list of domestic investment projects and projects attracting foreign investment for each planning period and adjustments in the necessary case;
5.2 Submitting and taking responsibility for the contents of the documents submitted to the Provincial People's Committee on the total investment capital of the whole province; on the arrangement of investment capital structure by branches, arrangement of the list of investment projects and the level of capital for each project under the local state management budget; total annual State credit support, share and venture capitals of the State; synthesizing the plans for allocation of investment capital and non-business capital of national target programs and other project programs managed by the province;
5.3 Presiding and coordinating with the Department of Finance and related departments, committees and branches in supervising, examining and evaluating the investment efficiency of basic construction projects, national target programs, and other project programs managed by the province;
5.4 Appraising investment projects under the decision-making authority of the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee; submitting them to the Provincial People's Committee for granting the licenses of investment preference for investment projects in the province according to the decentralization;
5.5 Acting as a focal point to assist the Provincial People's Committee in managing domestic investment and foreign direct investment in the province in accordance with law; organizing the investment promotion activities, guiding investment procedures and submitting to grant investment licenses within its authority;
6. In terms of management of ODA and non-governmental aids
6.1 Acting as a focal point to apply, attract and coordinate the management of ODA and non-governmental aids of the province; guiding the departments, committees and branches to develop the list and contents of ODA and non-governmental aid programs; synthesizing the list of ODA-funded projects and non-governmental aids and submitting them to the Provincial People's Committee for approval and reporting to the Ministry of Planning and Investment;
6.2 Presiding, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of ODA projects and non-governmental aids; acting as a focal point to handle under its authority or proposing the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee to solve problems between the Department of Finance and the Department of Planning and Investment in allocating counterpart funds to implement the projects of ODA and non-governmental aids related to many departments, committees and branches at district and commune levels; periodically synthesizing the reports on the situation and efficacy of attraction and utility of ODA and non-governmental aids.
7. In terms of bidding management
7.1 Presiding, assessing and taking responsibility for the contents of the documents submitted to the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee on bidding plans, bid evaluation results, bidding documents for the projects or packages under its decision-making authority of the President of the Provincial People's Committee;
7.2 Guiding, monitoring, supervising, inspecting and examining the implementation of the provisions of the bidding law and synthesizing the implementation situation of the approved projects and the situation of bidding implementation.
8. In terms of management of industrial parks and export processing zones
8.1 Presiding and coordinating with relevant departments, committees and branches in appraising and submitting to the Provincial People's Committee a master plan of industrial parks and export processing zones in the locality so that the Provincial People's Committee shall submit it to the Government and Prime Minister;
8.2 Coordinating with relevant departments, committees and branches to submit to the Provincial People's Committee the planning for development of industrial clusters and management mechanisms for industrial clusters in line with the actual development situation of the locality.
9. In terms of enterprises, business registration and cooperative economy
9.1. Coordinating with relevant departments, committees and branches in submitting to the provincial People's Committees the programs and plans on arrangement and renovation of state-owned enterprises under its management; management mechanism and assistance policies for the arrangement of state-owned enterprises and development of small and medium-sized enterprises of all economic sectors in the province;
9.2. Organizing the business registration for subjects in the province under the authority of the Department; guiding the professional business registration to the specialized agencies which manage the planning and investment at the district level; coordinating with the branches in examining, monitoring, synthesizing the situation and under its authority, handling violations after business registration of local enterprises; collection, storage and management of information on business registration in accordance with law;
9.3. Coordinating with departments, committees and branches to propose models, mechanisms and policies for cooperative economic development. Household economy; guiding, monitoring, synthesizing and reporting to the Provincial People's Committee and the Ministry of Planning and Investment on the situation of cooperative economic development, household economy in the province.
10. Directing and providing professional guidance to the specialized agencies of the People's Committees at the districts and towns and performing the task of State management in planning and investment in the province; monitoring and inspecting the organization of implementation.
11. Organizing and directing the implementation of the study on application of scientific and technological advances; implementing international cooperation in the field of planning and investment in accordance with law; organizing the management and direction of activities for public non-business organizations (if any) under the Department
12. Inspecting, examining and handling under its authority violations in the implementation of policies and laws on planning and investment within the scope of its State management; solving complaints and denunciations in accordance with law.
13. Making periodical and irregular reviews and reports on the implementation of assigned tasks according to regulations to the Provincial People's Committee and the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
14. Managing the organizational structure, staffing, officials, civil servants and public employees in accordance with law and the decentralization of the Provincial People's Committees; organizing the training and fostering in professional skills for government officials, civil servants and public employees under the Department's management and developing human resource of the planning and investment sector in the province.
15. Managing the assigned finance and properties and implementing the allocated budget in accordance with law and the decentralization of the Provincial People's Committee.
16. Performing other tasks assigned by the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee.
POWERS1. The Department acts as the legal entity with its own seal, funds for its operation and is allowed to open an account at the State Treasury.
2. Having the right to promulgate documents guiding and inspecting activities in the field of planning and investment under the Department's management in accordance with law, the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Provincial People's Committees.
3. Deciding the authority in implementing the regimes and policies for cadres and civil servants under its authority according to the management decentralization of cadres in the province and according to the State regulations on personnel work.
4. Having the right to promulgate internal regulations to well perform the assigned tasks.
(The above functions, tasks and powers issued together with Decision No. 50/2012/QD-UBND dated November 14, 2012 by Binh Duong Provincial People's Committee, replacing Decision No. 20/2006/QD- UBND dated January 16, 2006)
Floor 4 – Tower A, Provincial Building of
Administrative Center, Le Loi Street, Hoa Phu Ward, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh
Telephone : (+84-274) 3822.926;
Fax : (+84-274) 3825.194, 3824.817;